[linux-audio-user] Steinberg The Grand

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Thu May 20 08:11:55 EDT 2004

Carl Hetherington:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had any luck running Steinberg's The Grand under vstserver?
> vstserver works beautifully for the Native Instruments B4 and the
> Steinberg EP, but The Grand gets close and then wine starts complaining.
>
> I'll post more details if people are interested, but I'd just like to
> know if anyone has managed to get it going.

Luke Yelavich:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Has anyone had any luck running Steinberg's The Grand under vstserver?
> >vstserver works beautifully for the Native Instruments B4 and the
> >Steinberg EP, but The Grand gets close and then wine starts
> >complaining.
>
> OT, but have you tried B4 with the FST library?

Compatibility regarding running vst-plugins is allways related to wine,
not whether you use vstserver or the FST library (at least if we
assume that both vstserver and the FST library are bugfree :).

The big question is: Which version of wine are you using?
If you are still using the 9.12.2003 version of wine, which I reccomend
for use with (or at least when compiling) the vstserver, you can try
to upgrade to the latest version. (But you _must not_ recompile the
vstserver afterwards!) There are some chances plugins that didn't work
earlier will work after a wine upgrade.