[linux-audio-user] Problem recording 24/7

H. T. Hind hirh at comcast.net
Fri May 21 15:03:16 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 09:21:40AM +0100, Daniel James wrote:
> > Ecasound doesn't support the option of
> > writing to different files every N minutes.
>
> You could try using the -t flag (time in seconds) to record for a
> fixed duration of one hour, then start another ecasound process with
> your script.

Thanks, that's what I'm doing currently. I just use the Python
wrapper to do admin work (filenames, moving files to another
directory etc). I'm using the Pyeca module .

The system under observation has now been running flawlessly for
the past 5 days 24hours. It's just that when it stalls,
everything piles up and then no recording happens till I restart
JACK.

Thanks for the suggestions,
hth