[linux-audio-user] Timemachine file playback problems

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Sun May 23 08:52:04 EDT 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004 04:02:55 -0700
Jos Laake <jos at radiks.net> wrote:

> http://www.josmusic.com/splut/tm-mikriff.wav

If you want me to look at a file I would appreciate it if you
could keep the file to 500k of less.

> This file appears to be silent when played in 'alsaplayer'
> (same configuration that worked above).  It is also silent
> when played in 'xmms' with 'sndfile' support and 'alsa'
> output.  (This configuration also plays the original file
> just fine.)

Both xmma and alsaplayer are probably using their own WAV loading
code and only using libsndfile for the W64 stuff. If thats the
case, the WAV code can be wrong, but the W64 stuff wrong.

> That's what I've got so far.  It's looking more like an output
> file problem to me.

The file loads into Sweep without a problem:

    http://www.mega-nerd.com/tmp/tm-mikriff.png

and also plays without a problem. Sweep uses libsndfile for WAV
and W64.

Sweep is at :

    http://sweep.sf.net/

Erik