[linux-audio-user] Any instructions about for running a Win VSTi under vstserver

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed May 26 13:24:43 EDT 2004

Hi,
    I've got a Windows VSTi I want to try running under Linux. I've
never tried the vstserver app before, but I hear it works for this sort
of thing. Unfortunately the VSTi I want to run isn't on the list of
tested VSTi's, so I'm thinking I should try running something that's
tested first. However I then ran into a basic lack up understanding
about what hosts a VSTi under Linux.

    I've seen some info that maybe pd will do this? Is that the way to go?

    I've got pd, vstserver and wine all built and installed. They are
working to various degrees so far.

    Anyway I'm supposing there might be a HOWTO out there but I haven't
spotted it yet. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

- Mark