[linux-audio-user] Any instructions about for running a Win VSTi under vstserver

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Thu May 27 16:22:31 EDT 2004

Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Okay, I tried to get some VSTi's working but I get this error always.
>
> VSTSERVER/main: Going to try to start vst plugin "JX220.dll".
> wine: cannot find 'JX220.dll'
>
> This is with VST_PATH set to the place where JX220.dll is, so vstserver finds
> it but wine does not.
> I have a feeling I have seen this type of error mentioned recently, name
> problem?
> Wine is apparently from february, could this be it?
>
> (apologies if this just has been discussed, I missed a bunch of messages
> yesterday)
>
> /Robert

I cannot (so far) get vstserver to run these things directly, but if
you're using JAck then try vsti from Kjetil's web site.

1) Create two directories in your home:

a) vst-dir
b) vst-JX200

2) Export vst-dir but have nothing in it

3) Place the JX200.dll file in vst-JX220

4) Start Jack (using QJC or whatever)

5) Start vstserver

6) Start vsti

vsti ../vst-JX200/JX200.dll

(this path is referenced from vst-dir)

This is working for me, although I have not tried JX200 itself.

Good luck,
Mark