[linux-audio-user] Re: Ardour, Jack, and 2.6 kernels

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Fri May 28 10:13:58 EDT 2004

On Friday 28 May 2004 3:12 pm, Artem Baguinski wrote:
>     i never use kde but i have bits and pieces of it for the sake
> of many KDE dependant applications. one of such applications is
> Rosegarden, every time i launch it i have several kde utilites
> running including unsolicited artsd.

Hm.  Rosegarden shouldn't be starting artsd, and it doesn't do so when
I run it in a non-KDE environment here.  (In fact I've always thought
of that as an advantage of not running KDE -- things like Rosegarden
don't have to contend with unwanted stuff like aRts.)  So I'm not
sure what's up there.

Still, I think the easiest way to guarantee artsd never runs at all is
to delete it, or at least rename the binary to something else.  I
have occasionally done that when annoyed with KDE for starting it
with the new KDE session.

Chris