[linux-audio-user] wav to mp3 converter

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Sun May 30 03:18:50 EDT 2004

Hi Jos,

I use lame. From my script:
elif [ "$extension" =  wav ]; then
            echo "Converting $i to ${i%.*}.mp3 be
patient!"
            lame -h $i ${i%.*}.mp3
      else

If you want the script, I'll send it to you. It's not
that great because it's partially a learning
experiment and builds an array from the contents of a
directory--not necesarry but you can strip the array
code out. It also assumes the directory structure
~/clients/clientname/wav, ~/clients/clientname/mp3,
etc.

At any rate, Lame produces mp3 files. I use it for
that although I've never listened to one. :)

ron