[linux-audio-user] wav to mp3 converter

Malcolm Baldridge linux-audio at paypc.com
Sun May 30 16:34:10 EDT 2004

> But I still gotta make mp3's.  Why?  Because I know who I'm
> dealing with. ;-)

That's fine... just use:

find . -name "*.wav" -print -exec lame --vbr-new -b 80 -B 192 {} {}.mp3

Change -b and -B to suit.  They are the minimum and maximum bitrate
respectively.  If you want CBR, then replace --vbr-new -b 80 -B 192 with -b
bitrate, the default is 128.

After a bit of time, you'll end up with a whole bunch of MP3s.

Good luck!
=MB=

PS: Your "click on the jewel case" just loops back to the "click on a jewel
case" graphic, requiring me to use the alternative link.

--
A focus on Quality.