[linux-audio-user] edirol UA-1X usb sound card on Mandrake Linux 10.0 official - not working

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Thu Nov 4 03:20:10 EST 2004

Andrew Loch wrote:
> I have a roland-edirol UA-1X usb sound card which I wish to use on my
> Dell Latitude C810 laptop, running Mandrake 10.0 Official
>
> when I plug the device in it does not show up in audacity and in
> Mandrake Control Centre -> Hardware, it shows up as unknown/others: USB
> Audio CODEC

"USB Audio CODEC" is what the device claims its name is.  It seems
Edirol didn't bother to set a vendor-specific name, or the chip
doesn't allow to set a vendor-specific name.

> /proc/bus/usb/devices gives the following

Looks OK.

> /sbin/lsmod reports:
> maestro3 33832 1

This is an OSS module.  Using OSS and ALSA modules at the same time
might result in conflicts.

> /etc/modules.conf
> alias sound-slot-0 maestro3
> above snd-maestro3 snd-pcm-oss

For using ALSA drivers, it should look like this:

alias snd-card-0 snd-maestro3
alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio

options snd-maestro3 index=0
options snd-usb-audio index=1