[linux-audio-user] suggest a synth

Rick B zajelo3 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Nov 4 16:44:42 EST 2004

Ryan Gallagher wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 11:22, R Parker wrote:
>

>>--- Ryan Gallagher <ruinaudio at comcast.net> wrote:

>>>wrote

>>>hardware sampler if you

>>>Alesis QS6.2 and, while it's

>>>Alesis for creating

>>>appealing), it's

>>>no sampler is, by

>>>(those who want to

>>>a sampler is far better for

>>>source - ok, so you need a

>>>restrictive as you can only

>>>with a sampler you can make

>>>- if you have enough

>>>Absolutely true.  Samplers are very misunderstood.
>>>Samplers can be far
>>>more "abstract" and creative in sound synthesis
>>>IMHO.  Also most
>>>samplers (hardware ones anyway) include basic
>>>oscillators and filters
>>>and LFO's.  All of the samplers I've owned could
>>>make synth noises
>>>without ever sampling anything or loading any
>>>samples.
>>>

>>I've got a Kurzweil K2000R. I haven't used it beyound
>>testing but it's a sophisticated machine. I looked at
>>them on e-bay recall seeing one for about $500.00 U.S.
>>It's alot of synthesis, MIDI function controling,
>>sampling and basic sequencing for that price. It's got
>>eight analog outputs and a stereo paired digital
>>output. You gotta love digital outputs.
>>

>Uhm, you have one of the most powerful and amazing synth/samplers out
>there.  It has a core engine called V.A.S.T. (Variable Architecture
>Synthesis Technology), that basically lets you take samples, ROM
>waveform noise or whatever and apply almost any synthesis technique.
>And almost everything is realtime midi controlled.
>
>Man, I'm envious.
>
>I've been dreaming of finding a K2000RS for a good price.  It's truely a
>music production machine, it's amazingly full featured... enjoy.
>
>-ry

YRS Midi Systems in Fern Park, FL has at least 2 of them and don't use
either one anymore as everything they do now is in the box on Cubase
mainly. Mans name is George York the phone is (407)331-6333. Now how
much you want to pay though because George is a good wheel and dealer,
and all I'm saying is he's got 2 of them that are just sitting there, I
don't know what he wants for them. If he sells those maybe he'll be able
to pay me for fixing his Windows machines.

                Rick B