[linux-audio-user] hidden qjackctl - how to restore

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Fri Nov 5 08:56:35 EST 2004

Florian Schmidt wrote:

> make that:
>

>> // Main form visibility requester slot.
>> void qjackctlMainForm::toggleMainForm (void)
>> {
>>     m_pSetup->saveWidgetGeometry(this);
>>     if (isVisible()) {
>>         hide();
>>     } else {
>>         show();
>>         raise();
>>         setActiveWindow();
>>     }
>> }
>
> this:
>

> // Main form visibility requester slot.
> void qjackctlMainForm::toggleMainForm (void)
> {
>     m_pSetup->saveWidgetGeometry(this);
>     if (isVisible()) {
>       if (m_pSetup->bSystemTray) {
> 	hide();
>       }
>       else {
> 	// iconify normally
> 	setWindowState(Qt::WindowMinimized);
>       }
>     } else {
>         show();
>         raise();
>         setActiveWindow();
>     }
> }
>
> this works at least for me.

Great. Will take care of it ASAP.

Please check whether you really have the system tray icon enabled on
qjackctl setup. I don't grok gnome at all, but I remember to test on
fedora core 1 (ccrma) and it was showing up alright on the tray area.
Dunno if it's called "notification area" or whatever on gnome.

OTOH would you try toggling "keep child windows always on top" setup
option? It has a perverse effect on the window tray list behavior, at
least on KDE, regarding whether the qjackctl widgets are minimized or
hidden. On KDE however, almost every behavioral issue is configurable,
provided you find the right knob to tweak under the kcontrol mess :)

Just report your findings, please.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org