[linux-audio-user] hidden qjackctl - how to restore

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Fri Nov 5 12:09:10 EST 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 13:56:35 -0000 (WET)
"Rui Nuno Capela" <rncbc at rncbc.org> wrote:

> Great. Will take care of it ASAP.
>
> Please check whether you really have the system tray icon enabled on
> qjackctl setup. I don't grok gnome at all, but I remember to test on
> fedora core 1 (ccrma) and it was showing up alright on the tray area.
> Dunno if it's called "notification area" or whatever on gnome.

Hi,

of course it was my error. The "enable system tray icon" option was toggled
off. With this option enabled the tray icon shows fine in the "notofication
area" or as an icon on the desktop (when no notification area is on any
panel).

But when the "enable system tray icon" option is off should the hide button
still completely hide it or should it just be minimized in this case? I
would take the latter because if it were hidden w/o system tray icon it is
not restorable anymore.

The modification i posted in the other mail produces this latter behaviour
afaics..

flo