[linux-audio-user] Libsamplerate support for ecasound

LinuxMedia linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Mon Nov 8 01:30:13 EST 2004

millward at Ms.UManitoba.CA wrote:
> How do you get Libsamplerate support for ecasound?
> Is there some program that has to be installed or
> is this a configuration issue?
> I notice that when I do   ./configure
> while installing ecasound it ends with a list
> and this list says that there is no Libsamplerate
> support.  I have no idea what it means, but
> it must be important or it wouldn't be on the list,
> right?  Anyone know how I get Libsamplerate
> support active?

OK, the insulting question first... is libsamplerate installed? Usually
when configuring a program, it looks for the depenency and if it doesn't
find it it will not configure support for it.

If Libsamplerate is installed, do you also have Libsamplerate-devel
installed? I'm not sure if it's nessesay in this case, but sometimes a
program says you need "libwizbang" and you also need "libwizbang-devel"

Rocco