[linux-audio-user] Libsamplerate support for ecasound

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Mon Nov 8 15:23:15 EST 2004

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 08:56:18PM -0600, ed orphan wrote:
> How do you get Libsamplerate support for ecasound?
> Is there some program that has to be installed or
> is this a configuration issue?
> I notice that when I do   ./configure
> while installing ecasound it ends with a list
> and this list says that there is no Libsamplerate
> support.  I have no idea what it means, but
> it must be important or it wouldn't be on the list,
> right?  Anyone know how I get Libsamplerate
> support active?

Others have told you what you need to do to get this working. I just
wanted to chime in to say that ecasound will use libsamplerate quite
well if you get things configured correctly. But, ecasound also has
builtin routines to do most of what libsamplerate does. It's just that
libsamplerate does those things with much greater quality. So, you can
still do pitch shifting with the -ei effect and resample with the
resample input object type without libsamplerate. If I understand
correctly once you have libsamplerate working with ecasound you have to
specifically ask for high quality resampling for input objects, but -ei
uses libsamplerate by default.

-Eric Rz.