[linux-audio-user] recording bats?

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Tue Nov 9 14:08:17 EST 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 10:46:19AM +0000, Michael T Nelson wrote:
> Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> >I just had a crazy idea ... Sorry if this is off topic a bit. Does
> >anyone know what frequency ranges bats use? Would a 96KHz 24bit card be
> >able to capture anything useful from their sounds?
> >I was just wondering what it would sound like to get a recording of the
> >bats eating bugs in the evenings in my backyard and then slow it down
> >enough to get into a human audible frequency range.
> When I was doing my University final year project last year (I studied
> Electronic Engineering with Music Technology), a guy in my year was

I've been toying with the idea of getting more schooling. Often I think
that if I had my undergraduate degree to do over again I would have
gotten some sort of computer science or engineering degree with a focus
on acoustics and audio technology instead of a music degree. Is there a
course list you could point me to outlining your course of study? Was
this a prepackaged degree program or custom designed for your own
interests?

Thanks,
Eric Rz.