[linux-audio-user] recording bats?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 16:44:56 EST 2004

What an amazingly silly (and fun!) thread...

Well, obviously you're going to need a tried and true 'Bat Detector Pre-amp'...

http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~bertrik/bat/preamps.htm

What it appears he did was to use an audio range microphone and then
tune the preamp to only amplify very high audio frequencies. I.e. -
build a 100KHz pream with a high-pass filter at 30-40KHz...

I didn't think you could have paid me to participate in this one... ;-)

- Mark