[linux-audio-user] recording bats?

Andres Cabrera andres at geminiflux.com
Sun Nov 14 13:15:08 EST 2004

Hi,
Sorry for the late chime in... There's something else that comes to
mind, which is the anti-aliasing filters. In my soundcard (Echo Mona
Laptop) which supports 96Khz sample rate, I analyzed white noise and
there seemed to be a low pass filter starting at around 20kHz, rolling
down all the way to the max frecuency 48kHz, so most energy above 35kHz
was captured pretty low.
It could have been the way the white noise was generated, or it might
have been a playback thing, but there's still always an anti-alias
filter on any adc and it probably starts around 20kHz.

Andres