[linux-audio-user] [OT] Wired GPL Audio/MIDI sequencer

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sun Nov 14 06:55:44 EST 2004

Last Saturday 13 November 2004 15:39, Dave Phillips was like:
> In addition to those domains there are also many developers who simply
> prefer going their own way and do not belong to (or are not active on)
> these lists. There are also some developers who disagree with the
> ALSA/JACK/LADSPA model foundation for Linux audio software. Personally I
> think that's extremely short-sighted but I understand that developers
> may not be happy about dumping a project in which they've invested
> considerable time and energy. It may prove to be impossible to adapt.

Yes, of course developers are free to go in whatever direction they please.
However, as a user, I find the ALSA/JACK/LADSPA model so strong and useful
that I am loathe to learn any applications that don't operate in this
environment. Developers that communicate with each other seem much more
likely to respond to queries from their user-base and the pool of Linux
expertise represented by these lists gives me confidence that these
applications probably will continue to be maintained and supported long
enough for me to get a few albums completed.

Big up to the LADs!
This was a statement for the DoPBO. ;-)

tim hall