[linux-audio-user] [OT] Wired GPL Audio/MIDI sequencer

RTaylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Sun Nov 14 15:11:10 EST 2004

tim hall <tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk> wrote:

> Yes, of course developers are free to go in whatever direction they please.
> However, as a user, I find the ALSA/JACK/LADSPA model so strong and useful
> that I am loathe to learn any applications that don't operate in this
> environment.

The very reason I quit using macs. I've always thought that one of the real values of linux is that it offers alternative{s}.

{Gnome, Afterstep, ID5, KDE, Gnustep, flux/black/openbox, MWM, VWM, CDE, Javadesktop, NovellDesktop, enlightenment, XFCE, CTWM, SCWM, Sawfish,  The wonder that was "tkgoodstuff", rox, Athene, XPde, antiright, tkdesk, tkworld, Pico, Fresco, Metisse, JD4X, perlbox, Oroborus, befree, Waimea, http://www.tarantella.com/ibm/ , etc, etc, etc...}