[linux-audio-user] muse .7.0 compilation problem

Robert Jonsson rj at spamatica.se
Sun Nov 14 15:37:53 EST 2004

Hi Loknath,

Sorry, long turn around times...

fredagen den 5 november 2004 15.28 skrev Loknath Bharti:
> I am trying to compile Muse .7.0 on Mandrake 10.
> Everything goes well
> but at the end I recieve an error:
>
> /home/jill/muse/driver/jack.cpp:198: undefined
> reference to
> `jack_set_thread_init_callback'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[4]: *** [muse] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/home/jill/muse-0.7.0/muse'
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/jill/muse-0.7.0/muse'
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/jill/muse-0.7.0/muse'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jill/muse-0.7.0'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> If anyone could please help me in this. I have
> compiled the latest .99 jack but it does not help at
> all even after that.

The jack_set_thread_init_callback has only been around since Jack 0.98 if I'm
correctly informed.

Most probably you have two versions of Jack installed on your system, MusE
finds the wrong one.

If the wrong one is installed as an RPM try to remove the package:
libjack0-devel.

If it was installed from source try to execute 'make uninstall' in that tree
(if you still got it).

Regards,
Robert

--