[linux-audio-user] [(nowhere)] USB Dance mat

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Mon Nov 15 17:09:52 EST 2004

    Jamie> Actually, I have to apologize - I'm actually running 2.6.8.1 on the
    Jamie> machine where my dance pads are attached.  I can try 2.6.9...
    >>
    >> I had exactly the same problem with 2.6.6, so my guess is that isn't
    >> the issue.   Someone suggested trying a newer kernel, and that's why I
    >> learned to compile them, but it didn't fix anything for me.

    Jamie> It didn't seem likely to me either, but anyway, I tried 2.6.9, and
    Jamie> my pads still work fine.

    Jamie> Here's the relevant bits of my .config,

    Jamie> CONFIG_INPUT_JOYDEV=m

check.

    Jamie> CONFIG_INPUT_JOYSTICK=y

check.

    Jamie> CONFIG_USB=y

Mine says m.

    Jamie> CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y

check.

    Jamie> CONFIG_USB_UHCI_HCD=y

Mine is m.

    Jamie> CONFIG_USB_HID=y

Mine is m.

    Jamie> CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y

check.

    Jamie> What kind of USB controller do you have again?

It looks like it's NEC.  I couldn't get the one on the motherboard to
work, so finally I spent $20 on a PCI board with 4 of them.

    Jamie> I'm looking at your lsmod output from the pyddr list, and I see,

    Jamie>   ehci_hcd               29824  0
    Jamie>   ohci_hcd               20864  0
    Jamie>   uhci_hcd               31112  0

    Jamie> I don't think you want both ohci_hcd and uhci_hcd (probably keep uhci).

No, it looks like it's ohci_hcd it wants.  When I removed it, I
couldn't do jstest any more, and when I put it back I could.

    Jamie> Also, try this (before and after dumping ohci_hcd),

    Jamie>  $ ls /sys/class/input/js*

dev  device  driver

    Jamie>  $ cat /sys/class/input/js0/dev

13:0

It doesn't seem to matter whether I have the extra hcd modules or not.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011