[linux-audio-user] [(nowhere)] USB Dance mat

Jamie Guinan guinan at bluebutton.com
Tue Nov 16 11:18:14 EST 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Laura Conrad wrote:

> Mine says m.

That's fine, mine's been "y" for a while to get around some
rc-script confusion from an earlier distro.

>     Jamie> What kind of USB controller do you have again?
>
> It looks like it's NEC.  I couldn't get the one on the motherboard to
> work, so finally I spent $20 on a PCI board with 4 of them.

What does this say,

 $ /sbin/lspci

Have you tried any other USB devices on there, like a mouse?

> No, it looks like it's ohci_hcd it wants.  When I removed it, I
> couldn't do jstest any more, and when I put it back I could.

Did you "rmmod" it, or disable it and reboot?  My concern was that
the joystick driver was "binding" to the wrong one of either ohci_hcd
or uhci_hcd, if that makes sense.

>     Jamie>  $ cat /sys/class/input/js0/dev
>
> 13:0

Yep, that looks right.