[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Alsa-devel] Firewire Audio Card Support

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 16:32:15 EST 2004

Eric Steinberg
<ergomatic at mail.com> to me, A
	 More options	 12:06pm (1 hour ago)
Please include in your design thoughts the following; the one feature
of the MOTU 828 MkII that stands out for me is SMPTE LTC i/o.  Having
timecode in and out lets me sync with my 2" tape machine.  And it's
the only box that has this (the new RME Fireface has an option).

Eric,
   Good input. I had not even considered interface to physical tape. I
wonder how many people need this, but I think we'll get more input on
that when we sum together all the ideas and take some votes.

1) Number of potential users that want a feature
2) Cost and difficulty of implementing it
3) Plans for how to test and qualify it.

I don't have a tape machine anymore, and I sort of expect many people
here are like me, but it's a great feature to poll on.

Thanks,
Mark