Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sat Nov 27 20:13:00 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 17:38 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings:
>
>   Why not contact the guys at 4Front, the OSS/Linux folks ? They have a
> lot of experience with writing audio drivers under NDAs and releasing
> binary-only stuff.

Well, we would rather have an ALSA driver...  I suspect there are a few
ALSA developers who would be willing to write a closed source NDA driver
in exchange for a FireFace and a bit of cash.  I would contact RME
myself but I haven't worked with FireWire and have never written an ALSA
driver from scratch (though I have submitted some patches).

Lee