Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Sun Nov 28 14:16:56 EST 2004

Greetings:

  Just so this simple equation isn't overlooked:

    pro-audio != "high-end $$$ studio owners and operators recording pop
music"

  If we take that into consideration, Marek's assertion may well be
correct, there are a lot of people working with pro-quality gear outside
of professional recording studios. I've noticed that pros in the studios
tend to think of themselves as the *only* professionals in the field.

  That being said, if we accept the narrower and more commonly
understood meaning of the term "pro-audio" I doubt we'd come up with 50
such users. Frankly, I doubt that there's 20...

  Also, I like the suggestion that we should start a dialog with the
AudioScience people.

Best,

dp