Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 14:36:06 EST 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:58:57 +0100, Marek Peteraj <marpet at naex.sk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 19:28, Chris Metzler wrote:
> > On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:48:05 +0100
> > Marek Peteraj <marpet at naex.sk> wrote:
> > >

> > > If MacOSX can have them, so can we, we have a greater marketshare.
> >
> > Among pro-audio users?  Can you show me the source for this claim?
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> I meant overall marketshare.
<SNIP>
>I believe that the number of
> pro audio hw customers that are also linux user lies somewhere between
> 500-1000. It's a rough guess and it would be interesting to know more
> precisely...
<SNIP>

Not fine grained enough...

1) # of Pro Audio users depending on Ardour for day to day recording.
0 or 1? (Ron - speak up!) ;-)

2) # of Pro Audio users using Linux soft synths?

3) # of Pro Audio users using Linux as a command line tool for
pre/post-processing of wave files?

Depending on the task the use may be much larger (or sadly smaller)
than thought...

- Mark