[linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-user] External MIDI ports disappeared!

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Mon Nov 29 19:35:13 EST 2004

Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

>On 29 November 2004 at 19:04, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 16:00 -0800, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
>>

>>>I'm having trouble getting my external MIDI ports to work again.
>>>

>>Are you using FC3 by any chance?
>>

>FC3?  What's that?  Is it Fedora?  I'm using Mandrake 10.1 Official.
>Sorry for my ignorance....
>

>--
>Kevin

I had my midi ports dissapear after moving from the mm-6 to the mm-7
kernel in MDK 10.0. For whatever reason the seq modules were not being
loaded in the kernel. Once I inserted them with modprobe, they were fine.

Your problem is a little different it seems....did you change or alter
anything in the time between midi ports showing and midi ports not
showing? It seems the right modules are still loaded according to your
lsmod...

R~