[linux-audio-user] sound card linux documentation wiki+forum site [WAS: Linux audio hardwarem arket research [was: creating a wiki "soundcard experiences" site]]

Ruth A. Kramer rhkramer at fast.net
Tue Nov 30 22:49:12 EST 2004

MarC wrote:
> and we could sum up all the conclusions at the wiki:
> http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/LA_LinuxAudio
> (a list of all soundcards, and a site for each soundcard)
> Thanks Randy!

You're welcome!

For information / consistency, what you are calling a site (I believe)
is what TWiki refers to as a topic, but I prefer to use the term page,
as a TWiki topic is a single web page.

> I've started creating one site for my card, the Creative Labs Sound
> Blaster Audigy OEM,
> http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/LA_SoundBlasterAudigy

Good, I've made a few changes / comments as well.  Will probably make
more.

> by the way, Randy, could you change the name of it (adapt it to
> CreativeLabsSoundBlasterAudgy OEM)??

I did forget that Sound Blasters are made by Creative Labs, and I did
suggest that the page names be <manufacturer><card name>, but I'm going
to hesitate a little while before making another name change.  Your use
of Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audgy OEM as the page title is a good
thing, but page names often are more useful if shorter, so I may keep
the page name as is (LA_SoundBlasterAudigy) until things shake out a
little.  (Of course, you can change the name yourself, but I'd suggest
we wait a little while.)

> how about creating sites for the RME supported cards? XD
> same for usb cards, firewire cards...
> That could be a way to see the *real* linux support of your card, by
> reading experiences of other people and how they work everyday.

Anybody (who is registered ;-) can start a page on WikiLearn.  If
someone needs help, let me know.  For now I've set up a prefix of "LA_"
to segregate the Linux Audio pages, I wonder if simply prefixing them
with "Aud_" or "Audio" would be more clear?

regards,
Randy Kramer