[linux-audio-user] error report 2.6.9-rc4-mm1-VP-T4

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Tue Oct 12 01:00:22 EDT 2004

Last Monday 11 October 2004 19:03, Mark Knecht was like:
> > Hehe, maybe even just to provide a testbed to increase the development
> > speed of something really usable for a LAU member :)
> >
> > flo
>
> Sure, as long as that LAU member doesn't break his whole machine and
> have to start over from scratch. I guess I'm not that willing to be
> quite that much a leading edge Guinea Pig... ;-)

Right, well as one of those LAU members you're talking about ;] I found the
forwarded message from Ingo rather illuminating. The whole subject might as
well be rocket science to me and you guys do frequently lose me, however, I'm
really glad you are having this conversation on here as I'm gaining some
valuable clues about the whole nature of latency problems and what the kernel
has to do to get round them.

I've never even so much as rolled my own, but when I do, I shall be referring
back to this thread (and other similar ones on this list) for some insights.

If I had a second machine, I'd be happy to join in with the testing. Then we'd
find out what 'idiot proof' _really_ means. ;) For now I'm happy enough to
carry on exploring the idiotic things you can do to supposedly nearly stable
software and scripting Willy Wonka style disclaimers.

cheers

tim hall