[linux-audio-user] Stereo effect question

Reuben Martin MartinR at jbu.edu
Tue Oct 12 20:45:37 EDT 2004

>Another noob audio effect question:
>What tools (software) and techniques are used to
>accomplish the effect of a source of sound appearing
>to move >gradually from one speaker to another?
>I'm not talking about mere channel swapping, but
>rather something like the final auditory illusion
>suggesting gradual movement, e.g. a horse galloping
>by, or a train with its whistle being 'dopplerized'.

A simple pan should suffice. If you want the doppler effect an automated
pitch change should do the trick. (any simple editor with panning and
plug-in support) If you want to model the environment, the TAP reverb
editor would probably be best for that.

None of this is hardware dependant. Your soundcard should work just
fine.

-Reuben