[linux-audio-user] making Athlon XP a dual Athlon MP for linux audio purposes?

Piotr Sawicki pelle at plusnet.pl
Wed Oct 13 05:06:36 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Does anybody tried to link the L5 bridge on the Athlon XP to work as a
dual Athlon MP for using linux audio?
I have found on:
http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=2&id=393&pg=2
a howto for it, but they say it is rather for enthusiasts and not really
for production machines, so I wanted to know, if any of You had
experience with this,  and if its stable, and how it works with linux
audio (because there was only windows xp tested).
I'm considering to buy a second hand tyan mainboard Tiger MP S2460.
Do you have any better solutions?
Thanks

Piotr

--