[linux-audio-user] Re: extract audio from avi

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Wed Oct 13 09:09:50 EDT 2004

>From: Andrew Gaydenko <a at etver.com>
>
>What is the simplest way to extract an audio (to wav file) from
>a video avi file?

I'm not sure does the suggested techniques work in practise.
All AVI files seems to not work in Linux due that they need
MS Windows dll files to play. (And those dll's are not sold
and given separately.)

In my opinions, RealMedia, WindowsMediaPlayer, etc. should
have a record button so that the stream can be recorded to
disk. But now the stream cannot be even copied to disk.

University has Ms Windows systems and I know of no way to
record audio from the streams to disk (except use of external
recorder).

Juhana