[linux-audio-user] GM sound font sets, was Now trying to configure

Alejandro Lopez alex_osiris at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 08:49:07 EDT 2004

Hi Dave,

>>What do you think about the Windows file "8mbgmgs.sf2" ...
>
>Just so you know: That font is from the distribution CD for Creative Labs
>SBLive. You can use it with TiMidity by setting up your $HOME/timidity.cfg
>file like so:

I see! So since I don't have a SB, I suppose I will not find this file in my
Windows system (I'm not currently at home but will be able to check
tomorrow). Which is more importante to me, this file is not responsible for
the nice synth sounds that come out of my card when I use a sequencer under
Windows. Looks like they're coming from the sound font that the Windows
SC-55 implementation uses, the one that has been mentioned before.

Thanks! Will be checking this all soon..

Cheers,

Alex