[linux-audio-user] Muse Score compiled from source has corruptscore fonts

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Wed Oct 27 10:53:54 EDT 2004

Unfortunately I did install it using drakfont (although after install it did
not show up on the list of installed ttf fonts in drakfont, or it was under
some other name than mscore20). It does show up in the settings of mscore
but it is presented as legible letters in the preview pane, not symbols (as
I would've expected).

So it is still possible that I did not install them properly.

If I wanted to check by hand whether it has been installed properly where
would I look?

I already tried Rosegarden, Brahms, Noteedit, and Denemo. IMHO Denemo is
nice but not necessarily good for page formatting, Noteedit crashes on every
subsequent reload (even if I remove the rc file from the config), while
Rosegarden to me currently seems to be the strongest candidate (apart from
the very nice mscore software). Hence, I am really eager to get the mscore
working.

Thanks all for your help!

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer & multimedia sculptor
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/

---