[linux-audio-user] a PC only for Piano with Keyboard Midi

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Wed Sep 1 15:40:23 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 14:03, Tommy wrote:
> hi all,
> I've a keyboard midi "Roland PC-300" that work perfectly with GNU/Linux
> (and Demudi 1.2.0rc3)
>
> Now I want to use an old pc only for piano, let me explain.
>
> 1) I connect the keyboard PC-300 into pc (off)
> 2) I turn on the pc
> 3) automatically I play with my keyboard with my preferred instrument
> "the Piano" (or a synth like qsynth for selecting the instrument from
> the bank with midi selection of keyboardmidi)
> 4) ctrl-alt-canc for turn off the pc (I know in /etc/inittab how to do
> this :) )
>
> thanks for any ideas or tips
> Tommy
> ps. sorry for my bad english

Just write a script to get everything set up how you want (you'll
probably want to use aconnect, jack_connect, and fluidsynth or qsynth).

It'll probably be something like this:

#!/bin/sh
jackstart -R -d alsa &
fluidsynth -m alsa_seq -a jack -j ~/Piano_Soundfont.sf2 &
aconnect 64:0 128:0 &

Once that's all good just put it in your ~/.login, and when you log in
it will automatically just run that stuff.

Have fun,

-DR-