[linux-audio-user] a PC only for Piano with Keyboard Midi

Tommy itom_bo at yahoo.it
Wed Sep 1 14:03:18 EDT 2004

hi all,
I've a keyboard midi "Roland PC-300" that work perfectly with GNU/Linux
(and Demudi 1.2.0rc3)

Now I want to use an old pc only for piano, let me explain.

1) I connect the keyboard PC-300 into pc (off)
2) I turn on the pc
3) automatically I play with my keyboard with my preferred instrument
"the Piano" (or a synth like qsynth for selecting the instrument from
the bank with midi selection of keyboardmidi)
4) ctrl-alt-canc for turn off the pc (I know in /etc/inittab how to do
this :) )

thanks for any ideas or tips
Tommy
ps. sorry for my bad english