[linux-audio-user] Wiki

Ruth A. Kramer rhkramer at fast.net
Thu Sep 2 11:20:40 EDT 2004

Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> Yes, the pages should be downloadable for offline reading.
> But the format of the wiki pages need not be tied to that.
>
> Check out how
>   http://wiki.beyondunreal.com
> has done it. (I don't know how they technically do it.)
> For a good reason they disallow the download of the entire
> site, but they wisely provide the whole site in one package.
>
> More sites should do the same.

Thanks for writing and the suggestion!  (And thanks for noticing the
thread!)  A few points "for the record":

   * yes, *I think* my approach will let everything on that single page
be downloadable (actually, I'd need to test that), but recognize that
the entire HOWTO will not be on that page -- to start with, at least the
pages on individual sound cards will be separate (standalone) pages
   * TWiki is working on a (special) way(s?) to download content for
offline reading (and maybe even offline updating), not sure of the
status
   * "spidering" the entire WikiLearn web would be an especially bad
idea (imho) -- iirc, there are already between 1000 and 2000 pages
there, and that's without the 30 or so I'm guessing might come from the
LAQHT

regards,
Randy Kramer