[linux-audio-user] Wiki

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Sep 2 11:36:25 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 03:09:14PM +0300, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> >From: "Ruth A. Kramer" <rhkramer at fast.net>

> >         * By reading (loading) the master page, you can read that
> >entire document in serial order.
>
> Yes, the pages should be downloadable for offline reading.
> But the format of the wiki pages need not be tied to that.
>
> Check out how
>   http://wiki.beyondunreal.com
> has done it. (I don't know how they technically do it.)
> For a good reason they disallow the download of the entire
> site, but they wisely provide the whole site in one package.

Interesting question.  It doesn't seem to be a feature
of UseModWiki afaict.

So most likely they do exactly what they tell people not to do :-)
They'd just use a wget script or something similar, run it
once a day in the wee hours.  Adding the link to live wiki at bottom of
each page again could be done with a trivial bit of scripting.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com