[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Aqualung, a new music player for GNU/Linux

Tom Szilagyi tszilagyi at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 6 15:48:06 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 08:59:08PM +0200, Tim Orford wrote:
> > 	Aqualung, a music player for GNU/Linux
> > 	--------------------------------------
> >
> > Homepage: http://aqualung.sf.net
> >

> this looks like it could be very useable!
> Good to see another music player, especially
> as alsaplayer is dormant.
>
> with beta1 i had some problems. The first track
> i played (via alsa interface) seemed to be at 48k
> instead of 44k. And when i quit, it didnt release
> the hardware, forcing me to reboot. Does that
> make sense?
>
> (cmi-pci, alsa 0.9.6)

Regarding the file: what was reported as its type? Was it correct?
(What was displayed in the main window's area starting with
'STEREO 44100 Hz etc.'...?)

Did you compile everything in, or left out some options (eg. SRC
support)?

I would be also glad if you could send me your command line options,
if you used anything special. Did you set a special parameter or
something?

I tested alsa with the plughw device, on a sb live and a more advanced
card, a terratec ews88mt (ice1712 based) card. Both seemed to
work. However, I have little experience with alsa, so there may be
problems with my code. (If anyone experienced would take a look at
src/core.c/alsa_thread() and alsa_init() I would be quite grateful...)

Oh, btw, I am using 1.0.0rc2 alsa software -- may there be some
interface changes since your version?

Feel free to flood me with any such details in priv. mail -- without
help and feedback , this software can never be successful.

Thanks,

Tom