[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Aqualung, a new music player for GNU/Linux

Tim Orford tim at orford.org
Mon Sep 6 16:40:14 EDT 2004

> > with beta1 i had some problems. The first track
> > i played (via alsa interface) seemed to be at 48k
> > instead of 44k. And when i quit, it didnt release
> > the hardware, forcing me to reboot. Does that
> > make sense?
> >
> > (cmi-pci, alsa 0.9.6)
>
> Regarding the file: what was reported as its type? Was it correct?
> (What was displayed in the main window's area starting with
> 'STEREO 44100 Hz etc.'...?)

it was an mp3.
i beleive aqualung was indicating 44100 as it should.

> Did you compile everything in, or left out some options (eg. SRC
> support)?

i ran configure without options

> I would be also glad if you could send me your command line options,
> if you used anything special. Did you set a special parameter or
> something?

aqualung --output alsa hw:0,0 --period 4096 &

both the default output and period failed.

it would be easier to help if i knew how to reset alsa.
the init script restart failed, and rmmoding failed
with busy errors. Any ideas?

cheers!
--
Tim Orford