[linux-audio-user] Kernel tweaking for low latency

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Tue Sep 7 19:20:08 EDT 2004

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:04:32 -0400
Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:
> If you can, it might be better to wait for binaries of the new 2.6 low
> latency kernel.  All of the stability issues seem to be solved.
               *** snip ***
> I would expect binary kernel packages for your favorite distro to be
> available any day now, if they aren't already.

I know that Fernando at CCRMA has been making a few things available
through a bleeding-edge apt repository.  I just haven't taken the
plunge.  I likely won't for a while even after he does release it, since
I'd need to block out a chunk of time where the machine's not available,
since I learn things best by breaking them!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com