[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] realtime-lsm in the kernel

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Sep 8 14:51:21 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 05:30, michael tewner wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
> > Hi Lee,
> > >
> > > Now that the final touches are being put on the 2.6 low latency patches,
> > > a massive migration of linux audio users to 2.6 is imminent.Since this
> > > means every single linux audio user will need the realtime-lsm module, I
> > > think we should push to get it in the kernel, the sooner the better.
> > >

> There seemed to be much opposition to it on the kernel developer list.
> Have you seen the messages?

Sorry, maybe it was not clear enough from my message or my subject line,
but I am NOT talking about getting the voluntary preemption patches in
the kernel, I am referring to the realtime-lsm module:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/realtime-lsm/

This is a MUCH simpler and MUCH less controversial feature.

What messages are you talking about?

Lee