[linux-audio-user] ???

noise floor object88 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 17:53:45 EDT 2004

--- Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie at rfa.org> wrote:

> BOING!!! BUM!!!!! TSCHACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> (etc.)

You are the operator of your pocket calculator.

This is line 2.

On a side note, there's a ruckus ("Ruckus?  What ruckus?  I didn't hear
any ruckus." -- The Breakfast Club) on slashdot.org about the
forthcoming X.org 6.8.0 release, which should include a few speed
enhancements (XDamage, in particular).  I presume that any X speedup is
good news for us, as it gives audio apps a little more CPU time.  Or is
something like that relatively negligible in light of more effective
CPU scheduling?  Thoughts?

And on that note, my home audio machine is an old dual PII-350, which
is nice, but I can hear timing errors with a fairly simple track in
SkaleTracker.  ('course, at the time I finally figured out how to make
the dang thing work I was running Gnome instead of my typical fluxbox.)
 I'm now wondering if I can run it as a console application... or if
there are any other console-based apps worth checking into.  Thoughts?