[linux-audio-user] Linuxsampler problems

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Sep 15 04:13:45 EDT 2004

Hi Dave,

>   Well, following Mark's link, I compiled and installed the linuxsampler
> stuff, then the lib and GUI stuff from Rui. I can run QSampler, but
> apparently I lack a library for Gigasampler file support. I downloaded
> libgig, but the compile fails and I haven't reported it yet (there may
> be a fix already). Rui indicates that his components are alpha-stage,
> and the LinuxSampler site makes it clear that they're quite a way from
> being ready for prime time.

The question about the library for Gigasampler file support puzzles me.

What is exactly the problem you're seeing? AFAIR only linuxsampler uses
libgig internally, and it's beeing bundled with it's own package.

Currently, qsampler doesn't make any use of libgig, although it warns
about if it's missing at configure time. Afterwards, just ignore the red
line on the about-box ;)

The linuxsampler version on my site (http://www.rncbc.org/ls) are pretty
old as it were pre-holidays. I'll try to catch-up soon. In the mean time,
please be gentle, as it's just my home inet server ;)

Oh, and please note that the same files are available from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qsampler .

Cheers,
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela