[linux-audio-user] RPMs for new Distro...Yoper Linux

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Sat Sep 18 03:09:36 EDT 2004

On Friday 17 September 2004 11:47 pm, Dan Harper wrote:
> Oh yeah...  Don't think of committing lightly, yesterday I tested it out
> on a machine and managed to lose the ability to boot into Windows.  And
> in the end I couldn't even boot into Yoper as there was no option to
> make a boot disk and making one manually also failed.
>
> It's install process is very nasty and unintuitive, that part definitely
> needs a lot of work.
>
> I can't say about the rest because I haven't gotten that far yet!
>
> Dan

Sorry to hear that Dan...

I'd be interested to have more details of your install so I can pass that onto
the other developers.
If you installed Lilo in the mbr it should have identified your Windows
partition. Was it a standard install on to one hard drive?

The only part I stumbled with on my first install was the graphical disk
partitioning utility...and that was mainly due to my semi ignorance and
familiarity with what kind of partiton is what with respect to primary,
logical, extended, etc. OTher than that it went fine...but then I never
install onto a drive I don't expect to wipe as a rule...that's just me.

R~