[linux-audio-user] pd and MIDI (was MIDI filter)

Hans Fugal fugalh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 17:19:15 EDT 2004

That looks keen, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get pd
to talk to my MIDI devices.

$ pd -alsa -listdev
reading startup file: /home/fugalh/.pdrc
input devices:
1. Sound Fusion CS46xx (hardware)
2. Sound Fusion CS46xx (plug-in)
3. Keystation (hardware)
4. Keystation (plug-in)
output devices:
1. Sound Fusion CS46xx (hardware)
2. Sound Fusion CS46xx (plug-in)
3. Keystation (hardware)
4. Keystation (plug-in)
API number 1

no midi input devices found
no midi output devices found
couldn't open MIDI input device 0
couldn't open MIDI output device 0
opened 0 MIDI input device(s) and 0 MIDI output device(s).

So it's seeing my keyboard as an audio device but not a midi device. Any ideas?

--
De gustibus non disputandum est.