[linux-audio-user] DAW Dillema -- Seeking Advice

Greg Reddin gtreddin at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 22:35:16 EDT 2004

--- Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 September 2004 01:23 pm, Greg Reddin wrote:
> I don;t understand one thing...your quandry is music creativity vs
> audio
> product development but yet an "option" is to do a brand new code
> write for
> something from the ground up?? Me so confused.

Yes, you nailed it :-)  I have a lot of trouble with that.  I've
"ardoured" over the whole thing quite a bit.  I get so frustrated
using things that don't quite work.  Then I dig in to find out how to
make it work, and can't figure out how to break in to the community
or can't find any bugs I'm capable of fixing [perhaps those are
acutally the same problem :-)].  So I say "well I'll just plunk down
some cash and buy one."  Then I wake up and realize I don't have any
cash.  So, being the fool I am, I say "I'll just go write one."  Then
I sit down and spend a few hours and get virtually nowhere.  In the
end I didn't make any music and I left very disappointed.  Hence my
current dillema and seeking advice from others who, I suspect, have
been in my place before.

Thanks, Russell.  I always like your perspective on this list.
Greg