[linux-audio-user] OT: Top vs bottom Posting (was Quicktoots release number 15)

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri Apr 1 10:41:22 EST 2005

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:55:11 +0100
james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
> A. Because it breaks the logical order of conversation.
> Q. Why is top posting bad?

Q: What's worse than top posting?
A: Lazy twits(*) who can't be bothered to actually edit the message they're
   replying to.  This is especially bad when a member of a digest version
   of a list replies.

FWIW, I blame the purveyors of mail programs that don't include the
message being replied to as editable text in the message.  I also blame
them for ruining email with HTML, but that's another rant.

(*) I in no way mean to imply that james at dis-dot-dat.net is a twit.
       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com