[linux-audio-user] OT: Top vs bottom Posting (was Quicktoots release number 15)

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Fri Apr 1 09:18:10 EST 2005

Joe Hartley wrote:

>On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:55:11 +0100
>james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
>

>>A. Because it breaks the logical order of conversation.
>>Q. Why is top posting bad?
>>

>Q: What's worse than top posting?
>A: Lazy twits(*) who can't be bothered to actually edit the message they're
>   replying to.  This is especially bad when a member of a digest version
>   of a list replies.
>
>FWIW, I blame the purveyors of mail programs that don't include the
>message being replied to as editable text in the message.  I also blame
>them for ruining email with HTML, but that's another rant.
>
>(*) I in no way mean to imply that james at dis-dot-dat.net is a twit.

I had no idea there was even etiquette surrounding such a thing! :) But
then Etiquette has never been the first thing I study in any thing I do
anyhooow!

For all my misgivings on this and anything else I have ever done that
pissed anyone orf, I apologize profusely. There! That oughta cover me
for another ten years! :)

Now what was that about dragging a subject off topic again?? ;)

Cheers