[linux-audio-user] Record XMMS output in Ardour?

Steve Fosdick lists at pelvoux.nildram.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 05:17:07 EDT 2005

On 04/04/05 08:39:22, Robert Persson wrote:

> I've just routed xmms through ardour using the qjackctl connections
> window without any problem.
>
> You need to select jack output in xmms options->preferences->audio i/o
> plugins.  That isn't done automatically.

Thanks to everyone who has responded on this one.

I used qjackctl to alter the routing and it worked perfectly.

I also discovered that qjackctl had done the same as I had been doing
from within ardour by clicking the "INPUT" button of the mixer strip and
then choosing edit.  I was being confused slightly because I was
expecting the outputs from XMMS to appear in the little pop-up menu you
get when clicking the input button but despite not appearing in this
menu ardour still seems to record the input correctly.

Steve.